Intro to Light and ExposureLearn the basics of exposure, latitude, the attributes of light, and the Inverse Square Law.
Intro to Light and ExposureDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
The art of exposing a shot is determining how to assign the brightness values of real world objects to the range of brightness values your camera is capable of seeing. These are the core concepts that photography and cinematography are built on and I’m going to help you understand them so you can apply them on your projects and make the best images possible.
This lesson includes:
- 23:27 video
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How we measure light in foot candles and lux
- How f-stops are used to calculate changes in light
- How to work within the dynamic range and latitide of a camera
- The difference between Rec709 and Log curves
- Contrast and ratios for exposuer and lighting
- How to use the Inverse Square Law to adjust exposure