Frame RatesLearn about frame rates, how to choose the correct one, and the impact frame rates can have on your image.
Frame RatesDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
The frame rate is the number of images a camera captures each second. In this lesson, you will learn how to choose the correct frame rate, the difference between interlaced and progressive frames, and how the frame rate affects the look of your production.
This lesson includes:
- 20:02 minute video
- Illustrated supporting text
- What is a frame rate
- How does persistence of vision work?
- The difference between interlaced and progressive frames
- How to choose the correct frame rate for the camera
- How time code works
- How to work with drop frame and non-drop frame time code
- How 3:2 pulldown works
- How to expose and shoot in slow motion
- How to expose and shoot in time lapse
- How to choose the correct frame rate for your production