Basic Shooting TechniquesOnce your camera has been set-up, you're now ready to shoot on set. This lesson guides you through the camera settings you'll use to get each shot.
Basic Shooting TechniquesDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Now that your camera has been configured, this lesson continues where "Setting Up Your Camera" leaves off, by showing you how to use the focus, exposure, frame rate, shutter speed, and white balance to craft each shot.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to set focus using:
- The zoom-and-focus method
- Using 1:1 digital zoom
- Using peaking
- The problems with autofocus
- How to set the exposure of each shot
- Zebra Stripes
- Neutral Density Filters
- How to determine the frame rate
- How to determine the shutter speed
- How to determine the white balance