Basic Production TechniquesLearn the basics of on-set production and get the quality footage you want on set.
Basic Production TechniquesDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
Filmmaking is a wonderful, yet complex process that involves controlling an unfamiliar environment with a team of people and equipment. There are a lot of moving parts, so having a good strategy will help make your day run smoothly and ensure you get the footage you want.
This lesson includes:
- 15:53 video
- Illustrated companion guide
- Quick reference guide - Basic production checklist
- Quick reference guide - Pre-production workflow
- Quick reference guide - Slate reference guide
- How to conduct an effective location scout
- How to prepare for a day on set
- Tips to organizing and prepping the gear
- Tips for on-set procedures
- How to mark shots
- How to manage media on set
- How to wrap out a location